Thandeka is currently in grade 9 and has dreams of becoming an engineer one day. Currently, her single mother attributes almost a third of her monthly salary to putting Thandeka through a private school and getting her a top quality education. She is one of the elders in her class when it comes to English, History, Mathematics,a nd Natural Sciences. After school Thandeka enjoys Chess, and on the weekend she has fun with her friends in her neighbourhood in Diepsloot.
Achievements to date:
- Best academic performer in grade 2, 3, and 4.
- 4 Distinctions in grade 7 (English, Afrikaans, Technology, Art)
- Certification of excellence for outstanding performance in u/13 Chess
What her teachers say:
- “Thandeka has above average ability and is able to work independently without supervision”
- “Another Meritorious achievement this term…”
Lets get Thandeka to university so that she can become an engineer one day. Our goal is to raise R2000 / pm to cover her education costs.
*Please note children’s names are randomised for the sake of safety, and only revealed to funders.